What is Red Yeast Rice (RYR) ?
Red yeast rice is the product of yeast (Monascus purpureus) grown on rice. The powdered red yeast rice mixture is a dietary staple in Asia and has been used in traditional Chinese herb medicine over thousands years. As an oral supplement, people take red yeast rice extract (monacolin-K) for against high cholesterol and heart disease.Interesting history of red yeast rice (RYR)
What benifits of Red Yeast Rice Extract?
Supports Healthy Cardiovascular
Lower Blood Cholesterol Levels
Promotes Blood Circulation
Speeds Up the Vital Metabolic Process
Helps with Digestive Problems
Increases Function of the Spleen
How does Red Yeast Rice Extract work? (Key Ingredients and function)
- Monacolin-K, Or Natural Lovastatin, a natural and effective ingredients for lowing lipid.
- Ergosterol (precursor of vitamin D): converted to vitamin D to promote the body’s absorption of calcium, phosphorus and other elements Beneficial to bone formation and prevent osteoporosis.
- γ-aminobutyric acid (γ-GABA): lower blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure.
- Natural plant hormone (lsoflavone): estrogen-like active substance can prevent osteoporosis, menopause syndrome.
- Test method & Standards of red yeast rice(monacolin-K)
How effective is red yeast rice extract in lowering cholesterol?
Studies have shown that certain red yeast rice extract containing statins can significantly reduce total cholesterol levels, especially LDL or “bad” cholesterol. One study showed that taking 2.4 grams per day reduced LDL levels by 22% and total cholesterol by 16% in 12 weeks. Another study showed that taking 1.2 grams per day reduced LDL levels by 26% in just eight weeks.
However, the results of these studies depend on the amount of statins in the extract, and they can vary widely.
What is the correct dosage of red yeast rice extract?
As a dietary supplement take 600 milligrams one to two times daily or as directed by a physician. For better effect, take with 200mg-300mg Coenzyme Q10.
Keep in mind that the monacolin content in red yeast rice extract, perhaps the most important ingredient, can vary widely. There are many different strains of yeast. Different types of fermentation were used. A study of different brands of red yeast rice supplements shows that monacolin content is between 0% and 0.58%, so even if research shows that red yeast rice extract (monacolin-K) can lower cholesterol, you can’t really know the brand of supplements you use Will have an effect.